Memories & Pain

My Broken Spirit


I miss the time with my mom & Dad. I always felt safe and secure until I lost my dad on April 7th, 1995. My whole world came crashing down. Two years of sorrow and wearing black as a symbol of my immense loss crying most of the time during that period. But I had my mom to fall back on and with time I was able to live with the fact that my dad won't be coming back. My mom consoled me throughout that difficult time. We also had our arguments over the past 24 years after my dad passed away. But she was always there and we had our jointly owned home we purchased together after my dad was gone. When I would come back home from work or visiting my friends or even when I would go away for a weekend or longer once I got back home, she was always there and it was always so satisfying to know that my mom was still around and I could come home and sit down and tell her about my day or my experiences whilst I was away from home. She would make me coffee every morning and and tea during the day and at night. We would sit sometimes until late at night into the early morning hours and chat or watch TV together and share stories or good memories of the past. 
April 28th, 2019 my mom died at home after suffering complications due to her declining health. She died one day before my 48th birthday. It wasn't the birthday I had in mind. I did not celebrate my birthday nor did I buy any cakes or tarts etc. The mood was too sombre. 
 That void is now completely empty and I cannot get it filled or seem to find some kind of solution to that empty void. The damage is irreparable. How do you even begin to deal with this unimaginable pain that won't go away?
The loneliness and sorrow far surpasses the loss.
I feel completely abandoned. Left to my own devices now that my mom is gone, I've become obsolete & useless to the rest of the world not to speak of my decline in health.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
19 October 2022
Chris DeFlamingh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends for Life (My other family)

My Life Story

Tears of Grief