The New Chapter In My Life - 2024


In July 2023 I could no longer afford my rent where I was living, so I went to live on a farm for SASSA pensioners with the few pieces of furniture and belongings I had. Shortly afterwards I applied for a new home to move to which I qualified for taking into consideration my circumstances but it would take some time as there are many applications in the system. 


The farm had no running water or electricity so I had to make do with what I could use over a period of months I acquired a solar system by which I could charge various different devices and even watch TV πŸ“Ί.

I'm fortunate to have inherited my mom's car so I have my own transport which is vital in my case to get to the clinic and the shops. In November 2023 I renewed my sassa for the next twelve months. January 2024 I received the first of my new approved sassa social grant. I also pursued my application for my new apartment and got in contact with the company in question and followed all the steps required to complete the application process. 


After a year long wait and dedicated prayers to God following the entire process diligently applying for a new apartment 

I start this new chapter in my life with great gratitude and joy.

This has been a long wait to a very joyous start of the next chapter in my life.


Life couldn't be better. Life's chaos and challenges did not all go away but it's a great deal easier than the emotional trauma I had suffered in July 2023.


Settling into my new home has been an absolute breeze. I have joined the local church which is in the same street where I live and try to attend church at least every second Sunday. Alternatively I am able to watch church online via Facebook live and/or Zoom. In addition I visit the local library whenever I am looking for something new to read or to preoccupy my mind with or just to meet new people. I made friends with some of my neighbours and they seem very cordial and we try to help one another where possible.


My life has had it's ups and downs growing up in Cape Town, but I will not change anything about it ever. I would do it all over again given the opportunity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tears of Grief

My Legacy

Pain That Never Heals