Final Regrets

Final Regrets 

For many years and on many occasions I would regret things I had said and done.
After I sold my first car (1978 Ford Cortina 1.6L ), I regretted it cos I absolutely adored that car and it was so reliable.
During January 1999, my mom let our little doggie out for a wee and he got run over by a car and was killed. We got another puppy(Snoekie) in that same week and during the next six years I had abused this little doggie in a most horrendous way by hitting him with the vacuum cleaner pipe whenever he was naughty. In February - March 2006 he was diagnosed with distemper which in most cases are fatal. As a result he had a stroke, was blind and had suffered some brain damage. I was forced to make a decision and have him put to sleep on 6 March 2006. I suffered severe depression and tremendous guilt as a result. God spoke very clearly to my hart and told me that He cannot allow me to have another pet of any kind. 
The emotional pain I felt was so overwhelming. For years I suffered in silence with emotional pain and tears. Many nights I would cry myself to sleep. But God had a plan for my life and a way to heal me from that terrible pain I suffered as God convicted me of my wrong doing initially and I had repented my sins of abusing and ill treatment of my little dog. Ten years later in 2016 my eldest brother came back to Cape Town and him and his wife had a little female Pomeranian (Donsie) and asked if my mom and I could take her in to come live with us and we said yes without even thinking twice as it was a no-brainer to me. My healing process then started and soon we absolutely fell in love with this little girl. She became a very emotional comfort and companion to both my mom and myself. She was six years old at the time. Donsie passed away on 8 December 2021.
I felt like I had come full circle and was healed from the pain I suffered with my previous little doggie (Snoekie) although I still knew that I was to blame for his condition due to the way I had treated him.

I regret not telling my Mom & Dad more often that I loved them. Life is very short and flies by so quick, from the time you can remember things as a child right up to being an adult. Before you know it you are 50 years old, a big part of your life is in the past and it's all just memories, the happy ones, as well as the painful ones. 

I regret not seeing and or meeting some of my family members like my aunties, uncles and cousins on both my mom and dad side.
I was always excited to see some of my favorite aunties like Ta' Saartjie and Auntie Christa.

We cannot go back in time to change things and correct our regrets or mistakes but learn to accept curve balls life throws at us and believe in God and allow Him to guide us on the right path and heal us and comfort us during the hard times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tears of Grief

Friends for Life (My other family)

My Life Story